Hibiclens has been trusted by hospitals for over 40 years as a pre/post-operative antiseptic skin cleanser.
Protect yourself before and after surgery, when advised by a healthcare professional.
When facing a surgery or procedure, there are many things you might be worried about; however, using Hibiclens can help give you one less worry. Hibiclens has been trusted by hospitals for more than 40 years, with patients frequently instructed to wash with Hibiclens antiseptic skin cleanser before surgery or other procedures to reduce the risk of infection.
Cleaning the skin with a CHG solution such as Hibiclens before surgery is considered one of the keys to preventing surgical site infections (SSIs).1 Here’s why:
- Fast-acting – begins killing germs on contact2
- Long-lasting – binds to the skin, leaving a layer of protection
- Gentle on your skin, and as simple and easy to use as any liquid soap3
- The more often you use Hibiclens, the better it works, with the antibacterial protection growing greater with repeated use4
- Septimus EJ, Schweizer ML. Decolonization in Prevention of Health Care-Associated Infections. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. 2016;29(2):201-222. Doi:10.1128/CMR.00049-15.
- Paulson, Daryl S. Persistent and Residual Antimicrobial Effects: Are They Important in the Clinical Setting? Infection Control Today 2005; Vol 9. No 4.
- Mölnlycke Health Care, Data on File. Study # R05-0225.
- Ferrara MS, Courson R. Paulson DS. Evaluation of Persistent Antimicrobial Effects of an Antimicrobial Formulation. Journal of Athletic Training. 2011;46(6):629-633.