Hibiclens has been trusted by hospitals and healthcare professionals for more than 40 years. The 4% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) solution for skin cleansing and antisepsis is used within acute care and post-acute care facilities for caregiver hand washing as well as extensively for patient hand hygiene.
Strong clinical evidence supports Hibiclens efficacy. Unlike regular soaps, Hibiclens not only begins killing germs immediately, it bonds with the skin and keeps on killing microorganisms, even after washing, to provide extended protection against a wide range of bacteria.
Proven to be gentle enough for daily use,2 Hibiclens washes away cleanly, leaving a layer of protection without any sticky residue.
As simple and easy to use as any liquid soap,3 Hibiclens has been proven to be an effective skin cleansing option1 – in addition to binding to the skin and leaving a layer of protection (without any sticky residue).
- Fast-acting – begins to kill germs on contact4
- Proven to significantly reduce bacteria that cause disease
- Gentle enough for daily use2
Partnering with clinicians
Mölnlycke supports a wide range of care providers with tools for infection control programs as well as patient education. Gentle, effective Hibiclens cleanser with 4% CHG is available in several sizes and formulations, including a 4 oz. foam applicator that is user-friendly and economical for short-term use.
Mölnlycke’s infection prevention support program includes:
- Staff education and training
- Tools to measure success
- Help in identifying internal champions
- Patient education/instruction tools
- Compliance resources
If you would like to learn more about Hibiclens or the Hibiclens Compliance Toolkit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Report 041101-201. Final Report 040907-150.
- PRACs Report #R05-0225
- Mölnlycke Health Care, Data on File. Study # R05-0225.
- Paulson, Daryl S. Persistent and Residual Antimicrobial Effects: Are They Important in the Clinical Setting? Infection Control Today 2005; Vol 9. No 4.