Active ingredient – Chlorhexidine gluconate solution 4.0% w/v
Purpose – Antiseptic
- antimicrobial skin cleansers helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- for skin wound and general skin cleansing
- surgical hand scrub
- healthcare personnel hand wash
- preoperative skin preparation (15mL packets only)
For external use only
Do not use
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients in this preparation
- as a patient preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
- in contact with the meninges
- in the genital area
- on wounds that involve more than the superficial layers of skin
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures, or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.
- if contact occurs in any of these areas, rinse with cold water right away
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs and lasts for 72 hours. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of the reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- skin wound and general skin cleansing. Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleansed with water. Apply the minimum amount of the product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently. Rinse thoroughly.
- surgical hand scrub. Wet hands and forearms with water. Scrub for 3 minutes with about 5mL of the product with a brush. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Repeat. Dry thoroughly.
- healthcare personnel hand wash. Wet hands with water. Dispense about 5mL of the product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- preoperative skin preparation (15mL packets only). Apply the product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes. Dry with a sterile towel. Repeat. Dry with a sterile towel.
Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
Fragrance, gluconolactone, isopropyl alcohol 4% w/v, lauramine oxide, poloxamer 237, purified water, and red 40.